By Jon Sutz
Founder, HeatKills.us (and previously, HeatKills.org)
Between 2014-2020, HeatKills.org (archive here; the predecessor of HeatKills.us), and the resources I created for it, were cited by numerous news organizations, publications, websites, blogs and nonprofits throughout the US and beyond. I was made aware of this each time it occurred, through:
- Alerts from within HeatKills.org whenever a new site linked to the site, or a page within it
- Emails to my address, email@example.com, in which publications asked for my permission to use the original HeatKills.org infographics I produced, particularly this one (example here, from RV Lifestyle)
Being that HeatKills.org no longer exists, nor do the email addresses where I received auto-alerts, I have no idea of the full extent of these citations. It was a one-person, unpaid passion project, managed in the scraps of time I had in between other projects.
All of this data is now permanently lost, because of the negligence of the domain registrar who lost my HeatKills.org domain (lawsuit being organized now).
Below, however, are some of the citations I bookmarked as they occurred, through the years:
- Reports: 16-Month-Old Dies After Being Left in Hot Car, Epoch Times, July 1, 2019.
- App showing really high interior temp, Tesla Motors Club (user post), March 19, 2018,
- Police: Toddler Left In Hot Car Intentionally By Dad And Grandma – The Inquisitor (August 12, 2016)
- Summer Travel Safety for Colorado Drivers | Daniel R. Rosen – (a law firm; May 3, 2017)
- Leaving Your Kids In The Car, Even For 5 Minutes, Can Get You In Huge Trouble | Retro Bunny (August 16, 2018)
- Arizona Hot Car Laws – If You See A Dog In A Vehicle, Here’s What To Do – SoftSpot® (online veterinarian advice portal; September 12, 2018)
- Tips for Keeping Pets Safe in Hot Weather | Bowman Clinic (veterinarians in Little Rock, AR; May 7, 2019)
- Your Home Pet Care | Summer Safety Tips and Activity Ideas (June 3, 2019)
A sampling of my radio interviews for HeatKills.org
Many of these interviews were with Virginia radio stations, but as time went on, and these segments were shared online, I received requests from stations in other states to discuss HeatKills.org. Here’s a sampling:
- Jon Sutz on “The Joe Thomas In The Morning Show,” regarding HeatKills.org, June 17, 2022; WCHV, Charlottesville, VA. (Note: This was the first radio interview I did in which I discussed how HeatKills.org was destroyed by my domain registrar.)
- Jon Sutz on “The Schilling Show” regarding HeatKills.org, July 15, 2019 (cue up to 20:45 mark; 12 minutes); WINA, Charlottesville, VA.
- Jon Sutz on “The Joe Thomas In The Morning Show,” regarding HeatKills.org, July 26, 2018; WCHV, Charlottesville, VA.
- Jon Sutz on “Blanquita Cullom – The Hard Question,” regarding HeatKills.org, November 8, 2018 (cue up to 16:45); WCGO, Chicago. (Notes: (1) I understand this show is aired on a national radio network; (2) The purpose of this interview was to discuss an investigative report I produced about the “official lies” that were being peddled about the “caravans” that were marching through Mexico to get to the US border. But as a fellow dog lover, Blanquita was intrigued by my HeatKills.org site, and so that’s where we started.)