By Jon Sutz
Founder, HeatKills.us (and previously, HeatKills.org)
(2) Radio interviews
(3) Publications and websites that cited HeatKills.org
Update, July 11, 2023: Thanks to Psychology Today for this terrific article, written by dog book author Jessica Pierce, PhD.:
As described on this page, HeatKills.org (archive here) existed from 2014-2020, and in that time, it became arguably the most respected, influential online resource in helping to prevent dogs from suffering in hot cars:
Unfortunately, the site was destroyed by its domain registrar's negligence. Since then, I have been working to:
(1) Prepare the legal documentation to recover the damages I suffered (I'm very experienced in preparing litigation media)
(b) Rebuild the seven years of work that was lost as a result of this tragedy, at HeatKills.us
As of this writing (April 30, 2023), this page primarily consists of:
- Rradio interviews I participated in from 2014-2020
- Incidents in which others cited HeatKills.org, or used its key resources
As much as my busy schedule will allow, I will be working to ensure that HeatKills.us becomes a useful asset for people and organizations throughout the world, to advance knowledge of the heatstroke danger to dogs, particularly when they're left in cars.
Many of these interviews were with Virginia radio stations, but as time went on, and these segments were shared online, I received requests from stations in other states to discuss HeatKills.org. Here’s a sampling:
NEW: May 1, 2023 - Jon Sutz on “The Schilling Show” regarding HeatKills.us. WINA, Charlottesville, VA. 9 minutes.
- Jon Sutz on “The Joe Thomas In The Morning Show,” regarding HeatKills.org, June 17, 2022. WCHV, Charlottesville, VA. 9 minutes. (Note: This was the first radio interview I did in which I discussed how HeatKills.org was destroyed by my domain registrar.)
- Jon Sutz on “The Schilling Show” regarding HeatKills.org, July 15, 2019. WINA, Charlottesville, VA. 10 minutes.
- Jon Sutz on “The Joe Thomas In The Morning Show,” regarding HeatKills.org, July 26, 2018; WCHV, Charlottesville, VA. 12 minutes.
- Jon Sutz on “Blanquita Cullom – The Hard Question,” regarding HeatKills.org, November 8, 2018. WCGO, Chicago, IL. 10 minutes.
(Notes: (1) I understand this show is/was aired on a national radio network. (2) The purpose of this interview was to discuss an investigative report I produced about the “official lies” that were being told about the “caravans” that were marching through Mexico to get to the US border. But as a fellow dog lover, Blanquita was intrigued by my recent book, "Saved By Shayna: Life Lessons From A Miracle Dog," and my HeatKills.org site, so that’s where we started. This clip is edited to just feature the dog-related material.)
- Reports: 16-Month-Old Dies After Being Left in Hot Car, Epoch Times, July 1, 2019.
- App showing really high interior temp, Tesla Motors Club (user post), March 19, 2018,
- Police: Toddler Left In Hot Car Intentionally By Dad And Grandma - The Inquisitor (August 12, 2016)
- Summer Travel Safety for Colorado Drivers | Daniel R. Rosen - (a law firm; May 3, 2017)
- Leaving Your Kids In The Car, Even For 5 Minutes, Can Get You In Huge Trouble | Retro Bunny (August 16, 2018)
- Arizona Hot Car Laws – If You See A Dog In A Vehicle, Here’s What To Do - SoftSpot® (online veterinarian advice portal; September 12, 2018)
- Tips for Keeping Pets Safe in Hot Weather | Bowman Clinic (veterinarians in Little Rock, AR; May 7, 2019)
- Your Home Pet Care | Summer Safety Tips and Activity Ideas (June 3, 2019)